Weekend Day Spiritual Retreat & Jnana Yajna with Swami Swaroopananda – Website and Registration now open
Hari Om Dear Chinmaya Family:
Our Washington DC will be hosting Swami Swaroopananda, Global Head of Chinmaya Mission, July 22-27. During this week, Pujya Swami will conduct a Weekend Daytime Spiritual Retreat (July 22-23) followed by a Jnana Yajna (July 24-27). We are fortunate to have Swami Dheerananda, Brahmachari Avinash ji, Acharya Vivek ji, Acharya Rahul ji and Acharya Priya ji conducting programs for children, high-schoolers and youth during the weekend Retreat. Both programs will be hosted at Chinmaya Somnath, Chantilly, Virginia.
Highlights of Weekend Family Retreat (July 22-23)
- Discover the inner secrets of the powerful Gayatri Mantra from Swami Swaroopananda, Global Head of Chinmaya Mission.
- Our Bala Vihar children, grades 1 through 8, will participate in a special program conducted by our Acharyas.
- Our high-schoolers (grades 9 through 12) will have their programs conducted by our Acharyas as part of the jCHYK program.
- Our youth will join their peers from across USA under the guidance of Acharya Vivek Ji as part of the CHYK retreat.
- Live rendition of Swami Chinmayananda Musical performed by CM Washington family in a glorious tribute to Sri Gurudev.
- Bhajans, Vedic chanting, Meditation and Workshops as a part of the retreat.
- Enjoy the delicious, wholesome meals and the company of families across Washington DC, along with the many expected to travel from out of town.
- Registration required: Early bird special Registration ends June 11th. Capacity is limited, so please register soon.
Weekday evening Yajna discourses (July 24-27)
- Listen to Swami Swaroopananda eloquently expound the message of Bhagavad Geeta Chapter 4 each evening.
- Absorb the essence of Sri Krishna’s message on how to renounce action (Karma) in Knowledge (Jnana).
- Revel in the purpose of the Lord’s Avatar ‘yadA yadA hi dharmasya glAnir-bhavati bhArata ….’ as described Bhagavan in this chapter.
- Enjoy divine bhajans before the discourse each evening.
- Our high-schoolers participating in the jCHYK Day Retreat (July 24-28) will also join for these evening discourses.
Offer Bhiksha to Swami Swaroopananda
Offering Bhiksha to a Sanyasi is considered as one of the foremost duties of a householder in the Hindu tradition. It offers your family an opportunity to spend personal time with Swamiji and get his blessings. Click here for details. Email us with your preference of dates.
Register soon – spread the word ….
Spread the word to your friends and family. Take advantage of this special program with the Global Head of Chinmaya Mission, in our own Washington DC Center. Visit Family Retreat website to register. Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the programs.